Highlights to be presented at Novo Nordisk’s Capital Markets Day 2022
Bagsværd, Denmark, 3 March 2022 – Novo Nordisk is today hosting a Capital Markets Day (CMD) where the company is providing a progress update on its Strategic Aspirations 2025.
The Strategic Aspirations 2025 were introduced in 2019 to reflect the broad aspects of Novo Nordisk’s business including purpose and sustainability (ESG), the sustained growth opportunities until 2025 across therapy areas and geographies as well as future growth drivers of Novo Nordisk in the research and development pipeline.
The day will be centred around the Strategic Aspirations and during the day, senior management presentations will cover corporate strategy and research and early development strategy, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategies and performance as well as commercial strategies, research and development pipeline and performance within Diabetes care, Obesity care and Biopharm, which is renamed to Rare Disease. In addition, Novo Nordisk’s approach to cardiovascular disease, product supply and financials are presented.
The CMD will also include break-out sessions covering technology platforms, Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and Region EMEA.
Key highlights of the day are:
- Focus on securing growth beyond semaglutide by building on core research capabilities and new technology platforms
- Growth potential for GLP-1-based semaglutide treatments within Diabetes care and outlook for the phase 3 clinical programme for insulin Icodec intended for once-weekly dosing
- Launch update for Wegovy® in the US, where the expectation still is to be able to meet demand in the second half of 2022, an updated commercial strategic aspiration for Obesity care and an update of the obesity research and development pipeline, including the semaglutide 2.4 mg cardiovascular outcomes trial, SELECT
- Update on the sustained growth aspiration for Rare Disease and clinical trial results from the phase 3 trial with Sogroya® in children with growth hormone deficiency, results from the phase 1/2 trial with Mim8 in haemophilia A as well as results from the phase 3 clinical trial with concizumab in people with haemophilia A and B with inhibitors which was successfully completed in February 2022.
All sessions of the CMD are webcasted live, and a replay will be made available on the investor section of novonordisk.com. Presentation material from the CMD will also be available throughout the day on the investor section of novonordisk.com.
About Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is a leading global healthcare company, founded in 1923 and headquartered in Denmark. Our purpose is to drive change to defeat diabetes and other serious chronic diseases such as obesity and rare blood and endocrine disorders. We do so by pioneering scientific breakthroughs, expanding access to our medicines and working to prevent and ultimately cure disease. Novo Nordisk employs about 47,800 people in 80 countries and markets its products in around 170 countries. Novo Nordisk's B shares are listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen (Novo-B). Its ADRs are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NVO).
|Martin Havtorn Petersen||+45 3075 email@example.com|
|Michael Bachner (US)||+1 609 664 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Daniel Muusmann Bohsen||+45 3075 email@example.com|
|Ann Søndermølle Rendbæk||+45 3075 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|David Heiberg Landsted||+45 3077 email@example.com|
|Jacob Martin Wiborg Rode||+45 3075 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mark Joseph Root (US)||+1 848 213 email@example.com|
Company announcement No 19 / 2022
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- August 2022
- Biotechgate Digital Partnering August 2022
- September 2022
- Plan-les-Ouates: Café+Croissant
- Redefining Early Stage Investments (RESI)